sábado, 28 de mayo de 2011

Jon Brooks - Music for Dieter Rams (Cafe Kaput,2011)


Jon Brooks y su sello, Cafe Kaput, siguen a lo suyo...

"The third release on Jon Brooks's Cafe Kaput imprint is Music For Dieter Rams, a nine track album made entirely from the alarm sound of the Braun AB-30 bedside clock designed by Rams. The album is an experiment to produce a record to reflect the ten point design ethos of the German industrial designer, which is centred around the principle "less, but better".


Brooks (aka The Advisory Circle) says: "I chose this clock for a couple of reasons; it was given to me when I was 15 as a birthday present, so it's been with me for some time. Also, since then, I've become a massive fan of the clock's designer, Dieter Rams. I looked at the clock and thought 'hmm… what can I get from this?' Just one of those 'what if' moments. So mirroring Dieter Rams's design ethos, I set about creating something."

No hay comentarios: